Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ephesians 1:18-19

18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might


I LOVE this passage in Scripture... The idea that jumps out is that we do not just need to ask for the power of God in our lives, but we must be aware that power is already available to us at salvation. The same power the raised Christ from the dead is already mine in Christ. It really puts things into perspective when I am trying to do things on
my own or for myself...there is a difference. When instead I can choose to live today, availing myself to God's power already working in me, knowing that my motivation can be to seek His glory above all--IN CHRIST! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love it-- the idea that it's "already available to us at salvation... that same power is already mine in Christ."

    Reminds me of Galatians 5 and the fact that we are now new in Christ. WE ARE new in Christ. We can claim that and don't have to give in to our sin or our old ways. We "CAN CHOOSE to live today, availing myself to God's power already working in me" because we are His and He is enabling us.

    Thanks for sharing, Rach. This was a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete