Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2.15.12 CCS

Does 5:59 a.m. count as being alive at 5? Actually Ellie has slept "through the night" up to this very moment. How grateful am I? VERY. She is such a sweet blessing. I must say her sleep schedule at night time has been super!

Yesterday was a wonderful day. Valentine's Day is such a commercialized, Hallmark day that some times I have a hard time loving it as such a "special" day (I really do prefer days like Christmas and Easter, not that they aren't commercialized in our society...but just sayin'.). However, every year the day comes, and I am reminded just how thankful I am, first of all for the love Jesus has shown me in making me His daughter; and then I am overwhelmed at the gift God has given to me in giving me Dan as my husband. I am so grateful! And so in love :). We had a fun morning celebrating Josh's birthday at Chickfila and then enjoyed the Clemson basketball game last night. Can't beat five dollar tickets (and a quadruple date with Alli, Sarah and Lacey and their "boys").

As I reflect on the thought of love, even this morning, so many things come to mind. Of course 1 Corinthians 13 is the obvious "love chapter" in the Bible...I am reading a book right now (just started) called Learning to Love Like Jesus Loved that takes 1 Cor. 13 and pairs it with passages from Jesus' ministry in the Gospels. I have been so convicted about my love for Him. It is easy for me to do...but truly do I LOVE. I am praying the Spirit will continue to convict me as I study this out. 1 Cor. 13 is such a familiar passage that sometimes I think I don't slow down to truly meditate and then let the Spirit change me through it. So, pray for me!!!

Happy Wednesday. Love you all.

And Sarah...from your last post...I APPROVE. That is all I will say. Well, that, and productivity in the office has dwindled slightly (just slightly though, and it is ALL GOOD)!

No comments:

Post a Comment