Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1.11.2011

It's been a few days...I know. The snow has just totally messed me up :). Not really. I have been reading in Job, though, and I am still on track. Praise the Lord!!! One verse I read last night from Job 23. V. 10 says But He knows the way that I take. When He has tried me, I shall come forth as refined gold.

This verse is one of those that I have heard often, but haven't ever really realized the context. One thing I thought about as I am reading through Job is that trials and difficulties are nothing new. Really, since Adam sinned, life has been tough. I think God does that to remind us that yes, we are sinful people living in a sinful world. And I think He does it to remind us that our citizenship is in heaven! Until that day, He does know our way. He does try us, and He desires to purify us...to make us more like Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment