Sunday, January 2, 2011

1.2.2011

How strange it must have been when God told Noah to build the ark. He was going to destroy the earth. Would this make sense to the average person? No. In fact, reading later on we see that people laughed at Noah. So how did Noah get over it? How was he able to obey? Reading in Genesis I am challenged by the thought that Noah had continuous fellowship with God. Considering the wickedness of man and the influences that were pervasive, this is challenging to me. To think that in the midst of all potential distractions, Noah walked with God (Gen 6:9). And as far as we know from scripture he was the only one, and God would spare he and his family. Noah found grace in the eyes of God (6:8).

Does my heavenly Father know me as one who walks with him continuosly? What a testimony Noah must have had! What is my testimony before the world around me?

No comments:

Post a Comment